Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Joe

Joe was a friend of mine in the service. He was a decent guy, always friendly and in a good mood. I think he finished his term in the Service and retired. I didn't stay in touch. He did invite me to his Delaware Beach House at one point, but then wrote back to me to tell me he sold it and bought a place with his family in Heber Springs. We went fishing occasionally, and he loved the talking about the Red River, so I am glad that he followed his dreams. When we went shooting our gun at the Army Reserve and you were smacking something you found in the ground with your foot, I just want to thank you for not actually setting off the unexploded ordinance, as I was close by, as you know. Also, your making up your own rules at UNO, was always fun to watch. And driving your blue piece of shit car and hanging out with you and Eaton, Day, McGuire and Mackay at the barracks, and the block parties, were good memories. So, Joe, thanks for being a friend of mine. Sorry I never wrote back to you last time. -6

No comments:

Post a Comment